Buy Back Terms and Conditions
If you wish us to buy the vehicle back from you, you must:
- Notify us by telephone or email 7 days prior to returning the vehicle to us.
- Return the vehicle to Backpacker Car World, 20 East Street, Newton, Auckland, or an agreed address.
- Return the vehicle no later than the agreed date, failure to do this may affect the buy back price.
If you do so we will buy the vehicle from you for the buy back price agreed, provided that the following conditions are met on the date you return the vehicle to us:
- The vehicle and any accessories fitted by us or our agents must be;
- Free from accident damage
- In good working order
- The vehicle must have received an oil and filter service from a Motor Trade Association (MTA) member every 8,000km from the date you purchased it from us, and you must provide us with proof that these services have been carried out (in the form of a valid workshop job sheet, invoice, and proof of payment for each service.)
- The vehicle must be clean internally and externally, or a 100$ cleaning fee will be deducted from the buy back price.
- The vehicle must have;
- A current warrant of fitness (WOF).
- A current registration, which has no less then one month until expiry.
- An up to date road user charges (RUC) license, if applicable.
- The vehicle will be in the same mechanical condition and subject to a basic mechanical inspection, and a visual inspection on return. The vehicle condition will be established at the point of delivery to you the customer.
This agreement is not transferrable by you to any other person.
There are no warranties or guarantees given or implied, due to the age and mileage of the vehicle. Any mechanical repairs needed to keep the vehicle in a roadworthy and good working order must be undertaken at the cost of the owner.